Friday, January 11, 2008

I did it for my daughter


This morning Juergen brought Sarah to kindergarten. He was in a hurry so he didn't let her ride her bike. I knew she would like her bike to ride home on. I dragged her little bike the 5 blocks to the kindergarten for her. I'm 46 years old, and sometimes my back lets me know it! I thought to myself, "what will people think when they see this middle aged women walking down the street dragging a little bike". Then I thought, "Oh, they will think isn't that sweet what she does for that orphan she took in". Then I thought to myself, "I didn't do it for an orphan, I did it for my daughter". I wish I did show this kind of selfless daily giving for the "orphans" of this world. The truth is I don't. Sure I care about orphans in general, but I don't kill my back for them! I did it for my daughter...and every child deserves a parent who would do stuff for them too. Every child deserves to be someones child. This is why I am so passionate about adoption. An orphanage provides food, cloths and an education. A family provides bike service!