Friday, January 4, 2008

The voters speak


I took a vote among my kids this morning. I asked them if they would want a new brother or sister? They all said no. I guess adopting Sarah was so hard, none of them are ready to start the process again. I'm sure Juergen would vote with the kids. I guess it will not be happening for awhile...or perhaps we just have not met the right kid. You see, Juergen said no over and over again. Then he saw Sarah and some how he could not say no to her. I'm so glad he voted yes. It was not a yes to adoption in general, it was a yes to Sarah specifically. God knows my heart will always vote yes. As hard as it is I believe there is always room for one more. How could I say no? We have so much, and they have nothing. I hope you will say yes to at least one child. They are worth everything...everything!


At the end of life we will not be judged by how many diplomas we have received, how much money we have made, how many great things we have done. We will be judged by 'I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was naked and you clothed me, I was homeless and you took me in.' Hungry not only for bread - but hungry for love. Naked not only for clothing - but naked for human dignity and respect. Homeless not only for want of a room of bricks - but homeless because of rejection.
Mother Teresa