Monday, February 25, 2008

Water under the bridge


I just held a crying Sarah as she fought to stay awake. She was acting up and looked at the very least tired. I'm afraid she maybe getting sick. Finally sleep won out. As I sat holding her in her bed I could not help remembering the early days. she would be falling apart tired, but I could not hold her. She would always be most afraid of me when she was tired. Philip or even Mickey our dog would have to hold her hand. She was so afraid of me. I know they used old rags to tie her to her bed in the SWI. I've seen the photos. Bed time was always such a nightmare. Today she did not want to sleep. She is a normal 5 year old. She sure doesn't want to miss any of the action. But she was falling apart. I'll probably be doing allot of reflection over the next month. We only have 5 or 6 weeks until our one year anniversary. As many of you know those early days were pretty awful...but that's all water under the bridge. By Gods grace we are past those very difficult days. My baby is sleeping soundly in her own room. She fell asleep in her Mamas arms. She is finally safe!