Friday, April 4, 2008

One year ago today


One year ago today our family of 6 boarded an airplane bound for China. We were excited about the adventure that was to come. Our biggest worry was how Jessica would handle the fight. We had no idea what an awful time we would have in China. I had (thank God) no idea Sarah would reject me so badly. It was a nightmare. But we got through the very difficult beginning. I think it's important for people considering adoption to know it can be really hard. They also need to know it is a transition...you don't park your car there, you keep on driving. The view I see everyday in my daughters eyes was so worth the trip. There is no question or doubt in my mind I would do it all again. Wonderful is not a strong enough word to describe what I now have with Sarah. If you would like to read about our trip to China, look here. It's a blog, so go to the last post and read forward.