Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Today is gotcha day



One year ago today our family met Sarah in an office in Nanjing, China. She cried (for months). It was the transition from Hell. Still, we got through it. This morning Sarah had an appointment at the dentist. She stayed home from kindergarten. We watched the movie Curious George together. She sat in my lap the whole time. Her favorite words are now "My Mama". I'm sorry I don't have new photos for you. Juergen is in India on business. He took my camera. We decided not to make a big deal of this family/gotcha day. We have 3 adopted kids. That would be 3 family days on top of all the birthdays. Thomas has his gotcha day in a few weeks (it will be 4 years home). We may decide to do one big/joint family day. I read once that another family with multiple adoptions does this on Valentines Day. I think that’s a good idea. I am so grateful to God to have a view of that rocky beginning very far behind me. It makes me really appreciate the amazing treasure I have in Sarah. She has grown in every way. She is such an amazing kid! She was my daughter before I met her 365 days ago…but now she really is mine. Does that make any since? I guess the truth is she was mine before I met her...but now I am hers. Thank God I am now hers! My Mama...Oh yes...what sweet words!!!