Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Anticipation


Nicole and I leave for our big America/Mexico trip in a month. We plan on being gone (God willing) 15 days. 15 days is a long time for Sarah to understand. I'm not sure she totally understands what is about to happen. I decided to make her an advent style calendar for the days we are gone. I bought small gifts, and put them in paper bags hung up with string. I decided to hang the calendar up now so she could anticipate the time we go, and hopefully see it as a good thing (because she will get gifts). Unlike last year, Sarah is very attached to me now. I think my leaving is going to be sad for her. It will also be even harder for her to also say goodbye to Philip and Thomas. They will be going to summer camp. Juergen will probably not have such an easy time dropping the boys off at camp!