Monday, December 15, 2008

Anyone want to help bring two Chinese kids home? Please HELP!!!



First let me rant a little!!! Everything in the world of International adoption seems to have gotten harder. The world has more and more orphans, the orphanages are full and the governments of the world keep on piling on more rules and fees making it even harder for average families (we are not all millionaires) to adopt!!! It makes me really angry that they seem to make it impossible. I know it's not impossible but it can be discouraging. I guess like everything else in this tuff economy, we need to pull together. We need to help each other out. So here is the deal...

A very good blog friend and her sister in law are adopting from China. They just got hit with the news that the orphan donation fee will now be raised by $2,000 in January. That is an extra $4,000 for them because they are pulling their resources. In order to raise some extra cash they are raffling off a GARMIN Nuvi 200. If you donate $10 to the raffle and post this cause on your blog they will give you two raffle tickets. Here is my appeal to you. Even if you don't need a navigator, it would make a cool gift. I can not begin to tell you what a great family this is! I love this family! They are not rich in money but they have beautiful hearts. This is their 2nd adoption of an older Chinese child. Please help bring Bethany and Eli home. HERE is the website. please give and please put this on your blog. Many small donors will move this mountain. You can be a part of the miracle of adoption! And this note to my friend and fellow adopted mom...
do not freak out! There is a saying in Africa, "God's going to butter my bread". I'm so sorry that you got hit by this fee. I'm sorry that it's hitting so many families that already find it very hard to come up with the funds. But God loves these kids, and this fee is no surprise to him. I want to see God butter your bread!!!