Friday, December 5, 2008

The Papers

Here is a list of the papers you need to adopt from China. Most other countries will also require these papers for an international adoption.

China Dossier Requirements
 Adoption Application (written by parents)
 Home Study report from a licensed adoption agency
 Certified copies of birth certificates for each parent
 Certified copy of marriage certificate; Divorce decree(s), if applicable
 Current police clearance letters for each parent
 Certified Medical Certificates
 Financial Statement
 Employment Letter for each parent
 I-171H or I-797C Approval Letter (provided by USCIS)
All of the documents above must be notarized, certified and authenticated. The dossier must
also include:
 Copy of Passports
 Photographs (2 passport photos of each parent and several photos depicting family life)
 Interagency agreement/ Licenses
 Post-adoption report Agreement

It takes between 3 to 6 months to get the paper work together. If you think you might want to adopt you should start getting your paper work together. The birth certificates and marriage certificate; Divorce decree(s) need to be new.