Monday, January 19, 2009

Cook book contest


Last night I was tired and hungry for something warm, fast, and good. I ended up making French toast. I used wheat toast, and low fat milk, and topped it with cherry yogurt. It took less then 10 minutes to make, and cost about $5.00 to feed my hungry family of 7. Then I though I need a cookbook of fast easy, good tasting, cheap, and healthy dishes to feed my family with. Not fancy food...everyday food. I should run a cooking contest! So this is what I am going to do. I set up a new blog. It is called "Hungry for love cookbook". I will run a contest for the next 12 months. You send me your best family dishes. My family will test them. I'll post what I cook on the blog. Each month I will buy a prize. The 12 prizes will go to the best recipe (as judged by my family). The winner will take all 12 prizes. Then I will publish a book with the very best family recipes. I also want to highlight adoption in this book. I want to put photos and profiles of adopted families in the book. Oh, the profits from the book will feed orphans. So this contest is only open to families that have adopted, or plan to adopt. HERE is the blog. Please send me your recipes by commenting on the new blog and tell your friends. I'm sure I'm not the only one that needs some good ideas about what to cook.