Friday, October 10, 2008

Conviction


It's great to end the week with a blog award. This comes from my good blogger friend Beverly. We are both radically pro life and pro McCain. I'm afraid if things don't turn around we will both be radically sad come election day. I hope not, but we will see. The thing I love about Beverly is she is a woman who has convictions about things. So many people are voting their pocket book. I guess I can understand that. The economy has never looked so bad in my life time. And I'm not trying to imply people who vote for Obama don't care about other issues (please do not get me wrong here). Beverly is a single mom. She adopted from China. She has very strong opinions. I just love her conviction, and share many of her values. So I send this hug right back to my outspoken friend. I hope our prayers are answered. Either way I honor you because you fight very hard for what you believe in. You have a passion for what is true. Your beautiful daughter has an awesome role model in you!!!


Hathach went back and reported to Esther what Mordecai had said. Then she instructed him to say to Mordecai, "All the king's officials and the people of the royal provinces know that for any man or woman who approaches the king in the inner court without being summoned the king has but one law: that he be put to death. The only exception to this is for the king to extend the gold scepter to him and spare his life. But thirty days have passed since I was called to go to the king." When Esther's words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: "Do not think that because you are in the king's house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

Esther 4:9-14