Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I800a


People adopting from the US are required to fill out the I800a form. I just checked with an agency about a little girl in China with a heart condition. I thought she would be a great match for Sarah. The good news is she found her family. The bad news is we would need a I800a to adopt with an US agency again. You can not get one if you live abroad. I'm only looking (that's right...just looking)at adopting again...Juergen has not said yes. To be honest, with the way things are at work, I'm not sure we could afford another child right now. Maybe in another year. But right now I just want to find out how it could be done? Does anyone know an American living abroad who is adopting now? How did they do it? The Hague has changed all the rules. People ask me how do you adopt from Germany as an American? Right now I can not really tell you...but if you know please let me know! Most German agencies will not allow people to adopt past the age of 42. Juergen is 49, and I'm 47. Germany will not allow people to adopt from China. If (big if)Sarah has a Chinese sister she has to be adopted through an US process. Right now it's just looking for the how... just in case a door opens up. You know what they say...love will find a way! The thing is, I don't even know if this road leads to China. Maybe this roads going to Africa or even the USA? I'm open, and I'll keep looking until God closes the door and just says no more, or says here is the way walk here. Some of you are probably asking why? You already have 5 kids, why one more? I could not answer that question for you. For me it has something to do with the empty seat in our car and knowing what it's like for a child to have no family, and knowing we could squeeze one more place at our table. What is a little inconvenient for us could change the world for one. I know I can not "save" them all...but I also know I could handle one more. the Shepard left the 99 to seek the one lost sheep. The one has value. I have a longing in my heart to seek the one because they are worth finding. It's not for me...it is for them. But do not be deceived. If I find one more, I find a treasure that will make me that much richer. You may think I'm a fool...but I am a very rich women. I'm not only the mother of two birth children, I found two sons and a daughter. I have an amazing privilege to parent these treasures I have found.